Where: Jimmy's No. 43, 43 E. 7th Street
Why a Shelton Brothers weekend? Because one day is simply not enough to enjoy all of these beers! Drop by Jimmy's anytime this weekend for a selection of favorites and rarities. Or if you'd like a more structured tasting, come by on Saturday the 21st from 1-3 pm for a ticketed tasting and discussion about some of the beers and breweries. Tickets are $35 and available at Brown Paper Tickets. On Sunday, Jimmy's will hold their weekly Biscuit & Beer brunch although there's much more than biscuits. Ale batter pancakes, anyone?
The draft list:
- De la Senne Taras Boulba - one of our favorite hoppy Belgian beers
- Blaugies Saison d'Epeautre - brewed with spelt
- De Ranke Guldenberg - if you know it, you love it. If you don't know it, try this hoppy, abbey-style beer and fall in love.
- De Struise Pannepot Grand Reserva - aged for over a year in port barrels
- Kerkom Bink Bloesem - brewed with locally grown pears and honey
- Mahr's Ungespundet - unfiltered German lager. Drink it by the liter.
- Kapuziner Weisse - best beer for breakfast (and hangovers)
- Ridgeway Seriously Bad Elf - he's so bad, he missed Christmas
- Beer Here Hop Fix - very limited rye IPA from Denmark
- Mikkeller/Three Floyds Boogoop - not many kegs of this 10.4% buckwheat wine are available so drink some now
- Dieu du Ciel! Blanche du Paradis - new to the US from nos amis in Montréal, a Belgian-style wheat beer
The bottle list:
- Jolly Pumpkin Fuego del Otono - limited seasonal release with chestnuts. It didn't make it out of Michigan last year so enjoy now.
- Achel Extra - from the smallest Trappist brewery exported to the US. Unlike others which we won't name, the monks at Achel are still involved in the day-to-day brewing of their beers.
- Drie Fonteinen Schaerbeekse Kriek - unsweetened cherry lambic. Nothing fake or artificial here; only loads of rare sour cherries and tart lambic.
- Au Baron Cuvée des Jonquilles - saison? bière de garde? Don't ask; just enjoy.
- EKU 28 - walk into a bar at noon in Kulmbach, Germany and ask for an 11% "28" and get ready for some stares. Drink that 28 and feel immune to anything.
- Huvila Arctic Circle - a Finnish beer with juniper and dark rye
- Mikkeller Beer Hop Breakfast - put it on your pancakes!
- Ca l'Arenys Guineu Riner - this 2.5% beer (no, that's not a typo) blows any 5% macro beer out of the water with its full-on flavor